Nov 19, 2018
Carl Allen is an entrepreneur, investor, and corporate dealmaker who has worked on transactions worth over $50 billion, which includes over 250 acquisitions and sales, together with more than 100 capital fund raising projects. In a 24-year career, Carl has analysed thousands of businesses, big and small, in 17 diﬀerent countries and across nearly every business sector, including technology, pharmaceuticals, transport and logistics, engineering, manufacturing, aerospace, consumer goods and services, business services, retail, professional services, ﬁnance, packaging, and corporate clothing.
During our interview we discuss:
- How he developed his 10 step system for acquiring businesses with leveraged buyouts.
- Carl starts out by sharing why people should consider buying an existing business.
- Carl shares his proprietary 10 step process for acquiring businesses using leverage buyouts.
- Carl talks about the difference between buying a business that you own 100% vs partnering with someone vs being being one of the shareholders.
- He shares his favorite growth tool/software.
- Carl recommends one of his favorite books.