Sep 19, 2019
Benjamin Shapiro is a brand development & marketing
strategy consultant. He left a successful career in business
development at eBay to become an entrepreneur that has run a
startup, multiple marketing teams at early-stage VC-backed companies, and an independent consulting & content business.
Benjamin specializes in helping growth-stage companies understand how to identify the overlap between corporate identity and customer needs to build an effective marketing strategy. He is also the producer & host of the top-rated MarTech Podcast.
During our interview we discuss:
- Ben shared why he decided to leave corporate America and start up his own business.
- He shares the 1 thing he wishes he knew before he quit his job to become an entrepreneur.
- We talk about one of the biggest mistakes new entrepreneurs make when launching their business. PLUS 2 strategies on how to avoid it.
- Ben shares the #1 strategy he uses to get new clients for his marketing consulting business.
- Why he started his MarTech podcast and the impact it has had on his business.
- Ben shares his thoughts and strategy behind truly understanding your brand to help ensure success.
- He shares an important exercise to make sure all of the leadership and stakeholders are on the same page.
- Why its critical important to ask and understand what your prospective customers want, need as well as where they spend their time.
- The third and final piece is to create a strategy to go to market.
- Should you outsource channel expertise like Facebook advertising, Google ads?
- Ben shares his favorite growth tool/software.
- He shares one of his favorite books.
If you enjoyed this episode, please RATE / REVIEW and SUBSCRIBE to ensure you never miss an episode.
Connect with Dennis Brown